Monday 9 March 2015

D-Day Adventures

I spent the weekend visiting sites related to the American sector of the D-Day landings including going inland to a number of the Airborne sites and actions around Carentan.

While near to Omaha beach we managed to find a way up to WN60 which was very worth the trek to the top.
Bunkers and crawl trenches are still there and you can spend a good few hours exploring these and the views from the top.

Pointe du Hoc was also worth a visit to see the power of Naval and Air bombardment.

Overall it was a great trip and plenty of ideas for the scenario book.

Pictures to come once I have had a chance to download them from my camera.

In the meantime I have made a start on my GIs for Charlie Don't Surf. They should be finished in the next few days and then it is on to the VC.

No comments:

Post a Comment