Monday 18 January 2016

A Good Week for Hobby

This week has been a good week for hobby action. So far played a cracking game with my Eldar against a friends Dark Eldar. This was a standard 3K Epic Armageddon game, it was a very close and very fun. I didn't get any photos of the action as it was quite a fast paced game and we were both in the zone (that is what happens when the two armies are very closely matched in potential).
If people are interested I can post up my list that I have been using for my Ulthwe Eldar. As I have mentioned before it is a list that I enjoy using and it has potential.

The hardest part of the game for me was having such a fast and agile force, but nothing to target move against as most of the Dark Eldar force was off table and would deploy from the webway and the portable webway that the Dark Elder SC had. Added to this that the Dark Eldar are very fast and have a great chance of activating (even with blast markers).

It ended in a win for the Dark Eldar at the end of turn 4 ( I nearly had a chance of snatching a victory at the end of turn three with some marching Jetbikes but the objective was just out of reach).

The next game to be played this week was Dead Mans Hand. We played through the "Fistful of Lead" I believe. It is the second act in the main Dead Mans Hand rulebook.
It was a lot of fun and both James and I really enjoyed the scenes even though they did not appear very balanced on paper. We both really like this ruleset and have found the games to be very quick and a lot of thought needed for some of the scenes and definitely a poker face comes in handy. The first scene in the act is a standoff with both palyers waiting to "draw". Who draws first comes down to in game Blackjack with the initiative cards.




The Sheriff and his Lawmen


Add caption

After the action
 Also this week saw the start of painting on the AWI project for the year. The first of many Redcoats have been basecoated. So far the painting is coming along at a pace on the first unit. Importantly each step is quite straight forward and seems to work. The figures are based individually but will be on unit trays, so hopefully once all of the painting is done the units will look good and look the part.

Here is a quick picture of the unit having received the first messy stage with the red coats being done.



No comments:

Post a Comment